Drones are becoming extensively popular around the world. The benefits and popularity of drones are extensively growing in India as well. Before 2018, drone registration and regulations were very hectic for content creators and customers who were planning to use a drone. However, to make sure drone flying in India gets easy and hassle-free, the government of India launched Digital Sky Portal where customers have to register their drones (except nano) to obtain permission to fly. Since the Digital Sky Portal have been launched, flying drones in India have become comfortable and hassle-free. As the popularity of drones is increasing, the demand for drones in various industries is also growing simultaneously. In other words, the impact of drones in society is increasing because of the increased demand. Some of the sectors where the drone is going to dominate and make its space in future are:
- Food Service: Many big companies around the world have already started using drones to offer food to their customers at their doorsteps. With drones in food delivery, companies are trying to reduce the delivery cost, which adds more pressure on their expenses. Since food delivery is one of the most common routines by people, using drones in food services will surely impact the lives of people and society.
- Defence Operations: Drones are being used in Military and defence operations for a long time. One of the most common used drones by the defence sector is the predator UAV. Similar to the technology, drone manufactures have developed portable drones which are helping defence personnel to plan strategic operations against their enemy. Not only this, to track the movements of the enemy and lead tactical initiatives, drones in defence operations are being used extensively for the safety of the nation. Also, the use and demand of drones in tactical operations and missions will grow in future.
- Healthcare: Urban Areas have some of the best medical facilities available for increasing life expectancy, preventing diseases and keeping a healthy environment. However, health care facilities in rural areas are still not that advanced. The traditional mode of transport is still used for medical supplies which takes longer duration. Making medicines, providing blood and other important medical equipment more accessible will be the major impact of drones in the healthcare field.
- Advertising: Drones in the advertising sector will be one of the major demanded products for aerial marketing. Drones have the ability to lift things, and it is the perfect choice to market your offering from an aerial view, which would absorb the attention of people.
- News Coverage: One of the most important aspects of news coverage is storytelling. Viewers get hooked to interactive stories. For interactive storytelling, the production value is important, which can be enhanced with the help of drones. FAA has already allowed journalists to use drones in news coverage and deliver some of the best and real news stories.
- Creative Content Creation (CCC): A lot of new content creators are emerging around the world. To step up their content game and show their creativity in multiple platforms, various creators have been using drones to increase their production value and create best and intriguing content. With the help of drones, creators are getting a wider perspective for their storytelling, and aerial photos and videos are making the content more dynamic and appealing.
- Hollywood and Bollywood (Media Industry): Films released in both Hollywood and Bollywood are produced with some of the best technologies available in the market. With the help of drones, movie producers glorify their storytelling and add more creativity to their films. Since the craze and demand of good movies will extensively grow around the world, drone technologies will also be widely used in the media industry.
- Conservation of Wildlife: Wildlife has been disturbed because of human actions and ecological disturbance. However, the entire world is working on a mission to save wildlife. To ensure the safety of wildlife, all the conservationists are using dynamic approaches to protect wildlife. One such approach is using drones for tracking wild animals. Renowned drone manufacturer DJI has worked within the sector to facilitate research with the help of drones without disturbing the natural habitat. Drones are becoming extremely important in the field of wildlife, and their demand will extensively grow in future.
- Infrastructure Development: Drones are widely being used in commercial infrastructure development. Apart from aerial photography and videography, drones are also being used in physical infrastructure. Special powerful drones are being deployed by various companies to facilitate infrastructure and also aid in construction planning and management.
- Airlines: Drones are also being deployed in the Airline industry for various safety and inspection services. Airline manufacture Airbus has already launched its subsidiary entity Airbus Aerial to provide inspection services across multiple sectors. In the airline industry, drones will play a crucial role by collecting photos and videos of aircraft, which would further help detailed inspection.
The popularity of drones is rapidly increasing among various sectors. Drone manufacturers are also offering different types of drones to ensure that demand is being fulfilled for every sector. Since drones in India have also become accessible and easy to fly, individual creators are relying on drones to step up their content game in multiple platforms whereas commercial sector is deploying drones to enhance their output and make use of cost-effective technology. Since the world is inclining towards dynamic technologies, drones are also being upgraded as per the dynamic changes happening around the world. Impact of drones in various sectors will surely change the future of the world.