AirAsia Launches Flights To Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, Goa From Ahmedabad

Web Stories

AirAsia India will commence daily flights connecting Ahmedabad and Bengaluru from November 22, 2019. Ahmedabad is AirAsia’s 21st destination. AirAsia also plans to launch Ahmedabad-Delhi flights next month at a frequency of three times a day. The airline may also launch flights to Goa and Hyderabad from Ahmedabad soon. According to Sanjay Kumar, Chief Operating Officer of AirAsia, the airline is on its process of adding more destinations by 2020. AirAsia is a joint venture between Tata Sons Limited and Malaysia-based AirAsia Berhad. Tata Sons owns 51% of the share, and AirAsia Berhad has the remaining 49% stake in the airline.

airasia-ahmedabad-bengaluru-hyderabad

AirAsia India to increase fleet size to 100 in five years

AirAsia has a fleet size of 24 aircraft, and it plans to add another five aircraft by the year-end. In the next five years, it plans to reach the milestone of 100 aircraft. The airline is looking at leasing options from lessors besides getting aircraft from AirAsia Berhad.

AirAsia scores high on passenger load factor, on-time performance and reliability chart curated by the aviation regulatory authority the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). AirAsia started its Indian operations in 2014.

AirAsia India appoints new CFO

Recently, AirAsia India appointed Vikas Agarwal, a Titan executive as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Agarwal was the Vice President of Titan, in which Tata Sons owns 25% stake. He had earlier worked with companies such as Madura Garments, GE Motors, and Coca Cola. He has an overall financial experience of 27 years across engineering, FMCG, apparel and retail industries.

Agarwal’s appointment came at a crucial juncture for AirAsia, when investigations are occurring into the alleged bribing, financial manipulations, and corporate governance issues. Two prominent bodies, Central Bureau of Investigation and Enforcement Directorate, are conducting the investigations. The primary allegation is bribing of public servants for obtaining air operator’s permit. CBI named Tony Fernandes, Bo Lingam, and R. Venkataramanan (managing trustee at Tata Trusts and director at AirAsia), in an FIR related to the matter.

Reported By

Reporter

Ria is a lead news writer at Aviation Scoop. She writes from dawn to dusk, reads in the evenings, and draws at some ungodly hours. She loathes human interaction and finds solace in the sweet, musky smell of old books, and rain.

Recent Comments

  • No Most discussed posts - 1 week ago....!

Tech News

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments