AirlineRatings Rates Pakistan International Airlines as the Worst Airline in the World
A Pakistan International Airlines Airbus A320 crashed in a crowded area in Karachi on its second landing attempt in 2020, killing 100 people. In recent years, PIA has had multiple mishaps involving smoke warnings and engine failures and runway incursions and loss of separations.
- Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), the country's national carrier, and a few other airlines have been named the worst airlines in the world in terms of safety.
- Last January, an Indonesian airline, Sriwijaya Air, lost 62 passengers and crew members when one of its Boeing 737-500 planes crashed shortly after take-off from Jakarta.
- In January 2013, SCAT Airlines, based in Kazakhstan, lost 21 passengers and crew and a Bombardier CRJ200.
According to a survey conducted by AirlineRatings, Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), the country’s national carrier, and a few other airlines have been named the worst airlines in the world in terms of safety. The ranking system assigns stars to airlines based on four criteria. AirlineRatings ranking gave the lowest one-star rating to PIA. In addition to Pakistan International Airlines, six other airlines have received a one-star safety rating — Air Algerie, Iran Aseman Airlines, Sriwijaya Air, Scat, Airblue and Blue Wing. Airlines receive three stars if they avoid fatalities throughout the term, two stars if they avoid significant events, and one star if they pass audits and follow COVID-19 norms, according to AirlineRatings. The best air carrier gets a 7-star rating.
Upcoming Greenfield Airports in India to Cater for the Needs of Growing Air Passenger Traffic
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] aviationscoop.com/
Want to be featured on Aviationscoop?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] aviationscoop.com
Latest Flight Review
No Recent Comments....!
- No Most discussed posts - 1 week ago....!
- No Trending posts - 1 weeks ago....!