FAA in Talks with Telecom Industry Over the Threats of 5G Spectrum
Steve Dickinson, an administrator in FAA said at an event held in Washington that the FAA and telecom industry are having very productive discussions and will figure out a solution.
- A Special Airworthiness Information Bulletin and an airworthiness directive on the issue were released by the FAA.
- The bulletin was issued to alert the manufacturers, operators, and pilots about the potential threats.
- CTIA claimed that 5G networks can safely use C-Band spectrums citing various other active 5G networks which are currently being used in 40 countries.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) confirmed in a statement on Tuesday that it is in direct touch with the telecom industry regarding the threats of 5G wireless communications. It said that it would talk about the safety concerns and planned use of the 5G spectrum. Previously, AT & T and Verizon agreed to stop the initiation of C-band wireless service from December 5 until January 2022.
Upcoming Greenfield Airports in India to Cater for the Needs of Growing Air Passenger Traffic
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] aviationscoop.com/
Want to be featured on Aviationscoop?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] aviationscoop.com
Latest Flight Review
No Recent Comments....!
- No Most discussed posts - 1 week ago....!
- No Trending posts - 1 weeks ago....!