Vistara Leases Six Aircraft From BOC Aviation Ahead of Its International Launch

Vistara has also hired 500 employees from Jet Airways, including pilots, cabin crew, engineers and other staff.

By May 25th, 2019 AT 7:55 PM
Highlight:
  • In 2018, Vistara placed the order for a total of 50 purchased and leased aircraft, of Airbus A320neo family.
Follow TT on

Vistara has leased six aircraft from BOC Aviation, global aircraft operating leasing company. In a statement released to the media, Vistara said that it hired four Boeing 737-800 NG and two Airbus A320 Neo aircraft. While the four Boeing planes will be delivered this month, the Airbus models will be provided later this year.

Besides leasing aircraft, Vistara has also hired 500 employees from Jet Airways, including pilots, cabin crew, engineers and other staff.

Fly Higher With Vistara

Vistara plans for the launch of international operations by October. “The leased aircraft will be deployed to meet the sudden drop in capacity in the market and to aid convenience of travellers.  Our decision to induct a different aircraft type in our fleet is a carefully evaluated one, which is both, economically and commercially viable, and will eventually help us take the Vistara experience wider and deeper across markets in India,” Leslie Thng, Chief Executive Officer, Vistara, said.

We’re glad also to make the Vistara family stronger by the addition of close to 500 members, who are determined to deliver the Vistara brand promise of consistently delivering operational and service excellence across all touchpoints, Mr Thng added.

Also Read: Vistara Offering Upto 30% Discount on Extra Baggage Charges With Online Pre-Booking

Vistara first leased aircraft from BOC Aviation back in 2014 by taking 20 Airbus A320 family aircraft. In 2018, Vistara placed the order for a total of 50 purchased and leased aircraft, of Airbus A320neo family. The airline will use these aircraft for both domestic as well as international operations. The airline will receive deliveries between 2019 and 2023. Additionally, the airline has purchased six Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft that are scheduled to be delivered between 2020 and 2021 and will be used for international long-haul operations.

Vistara is a joint venture between Tata Sons Limited and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA). Tata Sons holds the majority stake of 51% in the company and SIA holding the remaining 49%. Vistara commenced its commercial operations in January 2015.

BOC Aviation is the largest aviation leasing company in Asia owning a fleet of 507 aircraft. Around 94 airlines across the world from 39 countries and regions have taken plane for lease from BOC Aviation as of March 2019. Its headquarters is in Singapore.

Also Read: The Success of Delta’s Free Inflight Wi-Fi Testing May Force Other Airlines to Offer Free Wi-Fi

Ria is a lead news writer at Aviation Scoop. She writes from dawn to dusk, reads in the evenings, and draws at some ungodly hours. She loathes human interaction, and finds solace in the sweet, musky smell of old books, and rain. Find her on Twitter here - @rialakshman.

Recent Posts

IndiGo Unlikely to Lose Market Dominating Position Amidst Controversy Related to Promoters: Experts

India’s biggest budget airline, IndiGo, owned by Interglobe Aviation has been caught in a new stifling position owing to its...

RHA’s New Wireless Flight Adapter Enables Bluetooth Audio in Any Device With 3.5mm Jack

Scottish earphone specialist RHA has released a Wireless Flight Adapter enabling the user to connect any wireless headphones to airplane’s...

Rajiv Gandhi International Airport Hyderabad Begins Trials for Facial Recognition Under Digi Yatra Initiative

The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA), Hyderabad has started trials for Facial Recognition (FR) for the entry of passengers into...