Vistara, India’s finest full-service carrier, will operate special, non-stop flights between Delhi and Bangladesh’s capital city, Dhaka, starting 5 November 2020. Vistara will fly on Thursdays and Sundays between the two cities, using its Airbus A320neo aircraft. The service operations are a part of the bilateral ‘transport bubble’ formed between India and Bangladesh. Bookings are being progressively opened on all channels, including Vistara’s website, mobile app, and through travel agents.
Mr. Leslie Thng, Chief Executive Officer, Vistara, said: “We are glad to be able to consistently expand our international network and widen our global presence, despite the current challenging times. There is significant pent up demand for air travel between India and Bangladesh, and the resumption of flights brings relief to the traders, business communities and other regular travellers in the two countries. We are confident that our customers will find great value in choosing to fly India’s finest airline, Vistara, which is trusted by millions of people for its operations, safety standards, and service excellence.”
All-inclusive, round-trip fares between Delhi and Dhaka are as follows:
|Delhi-Dhaka-Delhi||INR 17,199||INR 19,700||INR 32,000|
|Dhaka-Delhi-Dhaka||USD 295||USD 335||USD 450|
Schedule of Flights between Delhi and Dhaka, effective 5 November 2020:
|Sector||Flight No.||Days of Operation||Departure||Arrival|
|Delhi – Dhaka||UK 181||Thurday, Sunday||0630 Hours||0920 Hours|
|Dhaka – Delhi||UK 182||Thursday, Sunday||1020 Hours||1215 Hours|
|*(All timings shown are in local time zones) / ** The above schedule is for the period 5 November 2020 – 31 January 2021|
Encourages Its Customers to Understand and Follow the Travel Guidelines
Vistara will accept all eligible customers meeting visa/entry requirements in both the countries, as specified by the respective government bodies. The airline strongly encourages its customers to fully understand these guidelines before making their bookings.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the airline requires its customers to follow some guidelines that include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that they are fit to travel and do not have any symptoms of COVID-19
- Provide COVID-19 negative certificate, per applicable guidelines
- Fill the mandatory self-reporting form on Air Suvidha online portal where eligible passengers can also apply for exemption from compulsory institutional quarantine
- Checking-in online/downloading boarding pass and using self-service options wherever available
- Wearing a face mask at all times throughout the journey and additionally a face shield during the entire duration of their flight
- Observing social distancing and frequent use of hand sanitisers
The airline has also introduced a new food & beverage service for all its customers, in line with the regulatory guidelines.