Air New Zealand Postpones Flights as Country Delays Border Reopening
According to the reports, New Zealand was going to bring ease in its border guidelines at least around mid-January in 2022. The original plan was to allow the fully vaccinated citizens of the country in Australia to return to their homes and be self-isolated rather than going into quarantine. New Zealand government had designed a special MIQ or Managed Isolated and Quarantine guideline for the citizens arriving in the territory.
- New Zealand government had designed a special MIQ or Managed Isolated and Quarantine guideline for the citizens arriving in the territory.
- The commencement of non-MIQ travel will be pushed back to until the end of February.
- It is to be noted that the majority of the cancelled flights are trans-Tasman Australia – New Zealand sector.
In a recent development, New Zealand citizens stuck in Australia have been further stopped from returning to the country and bypassing mandatory quarantine until the end of February 2022. Consequent to this decision taken by the country, Air New Zealand has cancelled about 120 flights from Australia which has resulted in over 27000 passengers not being able to fly to their native country. The decision has been taken keeping in mind the fast-spreading Omicron variant of Covid-19.
Upcoming Greenfield Airports in India to Cater for the Needs of Growing Air Passenger Traffic
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] aviationscoop.com/
Want to be featured on Aviationscoop?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] aviationscoop.com
Latest Flight Review
No Recent Comments....!
- No Most discussed posts - 1 week ago....!
- No Trending posts - 1 weeks ago....!