Andhra Pradesh to Construct New Airports Under the ‘One District – One Airport’ Concept
The government will construct new airports in identical fashions with capabilities to manage wide-bodied aircraft, including Boeing. The government will also expand the existing airports in the state.
- Andhra Pradesh will construct seven new airports under the ‘One District – One Airport’ concept.
- The state will expedite the processes to complete the airports planned at Bhogapuram and Dagadarthi.
- The government will also expand and construct fishing harbours in the state.
Andhra Pradesh plans to expand its aviation infrastructure under the ‘One District – One Airport’ concept. The state’s Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has directed the Infrastructure and Investments Department to construct seven new airports under the proposed concept. The airports will have an identical infrastructure and handle wide-bodied aircraft, including Boeing aircraft. Andhra Pradesh has 13 districts in total and has commenced building another 12 districts. Currently, the state has airports in destinations such as Visakhapatnam, Rajamahendravaram, Vijayawada, Kadapa Tirupati and Kurnool. The Chief Minister’s Office has not revealed if the 12 upcoming districts will have airports.
Upcoming Greenfield Airports in India to Cater for the Needs of Growing Air Passenger Traffic
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] aviationscoop.com/
Want to be featured on Aviationscoop?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] aviationscoop.com
Latest Flight Review
No Recent Comments....!
- No Most discussed posts - 1 week ago....!
- No Trending posts - 1 weeks ago....!