Mumbai Airport Covid Guidelines Revised, Rapid RT-PCR Made Compulsory for All International Travellers
The new Mumbai airport guidelines went into force on Monday. According to the revised Mumbai airport covid guidelines, all overseas travellers who test positive for rapid RT-PCR tests must wait for a standard RT-PCR test at the airport.
- If the passenger's airport rapid RT PCR result is positive, the traveller has to take an RT PCR test.
- BMC has shortlisted a list of hospitals to admit passengers whose RT-PCR test results are positive and symptomatic/asymptomatic.
- The amended Mumbai airport covid guidelines were released a day after BMC Commissioner Iqbal Singh Chahal spoke about the risk posed by international travellers from non-at-risk nations.
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has revised Mumbai airport covid guidelines on January 4 that all overseas travellers arriving at the Mumbai airport will be required to undergo a rapid RT-PCR test. Only international travellers travelling from ‘at-risk nations’ were required to undergo airport RT PCR test. Now Mumbai airport Rapid RT-PCR applies to all international travellers arriving in Mumbai, regardless of whether they came from an at-risk country or not. “With the continuing threat of rising cases of COVID-19 in the past few days and detection of Variant of Concern (VOC) ‘Omicron’ suggesting increase in transmissibility, it is necessary to be cautious in implementing the public health measures to contain the spread of the pandemic. It is imperative to undertake enhanced surveillance of international travellers,” stated an order issued by municipal commissioner I S Chahal.
Upcoming Greenfield Airports in India to Cater for the Needs of Growing Air Passenger Traffic
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] aviationscoop.com/
Want to be featured on Aviationscoop?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] aviationscoop.com
Latest Flight Review
No Recent Comments....!
- No Most discussed posts - 1 week ago....!
- No Trending posts - 1 weeks ago....!