Life changes in seconds and things will not go as planned always. Everyone must have experienced those unexpected changes in travel plans due to cancellations, business meetings, medical emergencies or personal reasons. Whatever the reason is, the last thing that needs to be worried about is the ticket cancellation and the amount that gets refunded. SpiceJet, India's favourite airline, has a third-party add-on service that gets you covered for the cancellation fee. Read to know more.
SpiceJet Zero Cancellation:
SpiceJet's Zero Cancellation service allows you to cancel tickets and claim full reimbursement of the cancellation charges of up to Rs 5,000 without hassle. Consider this Add-on as an insurance for your travel booking. Passengers can opt for the service by selecting the Add-on at the time of ticket booking and get auto-enrolled into the coverage.
Liberty General Insurance:
SpiceJet has collaborated with Liberty General Insurance to offer this service to passengers, and the coverage is applicable across the airline's Domestic Network. Customers opting for the add-on (insurance) can easily get the cancellation charges reimbursed up to Rs 5,000 in case unable to fly for any unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances.
Availability of Zero Cancellation Cover:
Zero Cancellation is available only for domestic flights booked directly on spicejet.com at the time of booking the ticket and cannot be added later through Manage Booking facility. The add-on is applicable for flights with a departure time beyond 36 hours from the booking time, and the travel date should not be more than 90 days from the date of booking.
How to Book Flight with Zero Cancellation Add-on:
Step 1: Log on to spicejet.com website, mobile site or App.
Step 2: Select your preferred flight.
Step 3: On the add-ons product page, select Zero Cancellation (Trip Cancellation Extension).
Step 4: The premium amount would be added to the Total due amount.
Step 5: Make the payment to complete the purchase.
Step 6: The policy document will be sent by 'Liberty General Insurance' to the email address provided while booking the flight.
Zero Cancellation Add-on Charges:
Add Zero Cancellation add-on/insurance cover to your trip starting at Rs 594.
How to Claim your Refund:
The claim should be submitted post cancellation of ticket with SpiceJet and up to a maximum of 10 days from the date of travel.
After you cancel your flight booking, to claim your refund online, you can visit the claim page by clicking on the 'Claim Now' button. Passengers need to upload the required documents (SpiceJet Flight Ticket, Cancellation confirmation along with refund amount received from SpiceJet, Policy Document) and raise the claim with Liberty General Insurance. The refund will be processed within 24-48 hours after the successful verification of your claim.
Benefits of the Zero Cancellation Add-on:
- Customers can claim reimbursement of trip cancellation charges maximum of up to INR 5000 per policy.
- The insurance also covers Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disablement benefit up to Rs 3,00,000.
What is not Refunded?
Below are certain charges that passengers cannot file for refund.
- Convenience fee
- Any add-ons that you purchased such as meal on the flight, seats or SpiceMax and
- The amount/premium you paid for ‘Zero Cancellation'.
The charges paid for the above are not considered, and you cannot claim for the refund of their amounts.
Things to Know:
- The policy is valid for Indian Nationals (on Domestic Air travel) for the age group from 3 months to 70 years.
- The insurance can only be availed if the date of travel is between thirty-six (36) hours to ninety (90) days from the date of booking the flight.
- Trip Cancellation Extension cover can be claimed if a passenger has cancelled the flight ticket at least one day (24 hours) prior to the scheduled departure date.
- A single customer can file a claim for all other passengers in the same PNR, and in the case of multiple policies, the customer will have to file the claim for each policy.
- Passengers can claim a full cancellation fee reimbursement for a flight booking made in advance, not beyond 90 days.
- This insurance cover is applicable for non-refundable flights as well.
- Passengers can file the claim against the partial cancellation of booked flight ticket as well.
- Passengers cannot file for claim in case flight is missed for whatsoever reason.
Other General terms and conditions apply.
Other Services from SpiceJet: 1. SpiceMax Benefits 2. Spice Assurance 3. SpiceJet Private Charter 4. SpiceJet SpiceScreen
With Zero Cancellation Add-on, passengers can now say goodbye to the ticket cancellation fee as this service allows passengers to cancel flight bookings up to 24 hours before departure & reimburse cancellation charges maximum of up to Rs 5,000. Now maximum Happiness with Zero Cancellation!